Monday 2 July 2012

Blast From The Past


No... The last post wasn't a freak occurance, I definitely will be posting more regularly. Also, Google Reader has become my new best friend. Instead checking loads of sites/blogs, now I just check one....sort of. Thanks Mr Topf.

So part of my new found energy to do....erm...stuff is that I've been looking at some really old work of mine. The picture at the top is to this day my favourite drawing. Its also probably the last time I used water colours. Ive often wanted to redraw it and I know I could do a better job technically but I dont think I'd ever have the same feeling about it. Its one of those drawings that told me at that point "you've gotten better."

Anyway I've been thinking, every month or so I may take a picture or project from my past ans er.. talk about it. I may even redraw something.

Thanks for all the comments on the last post, and emails, its humbling and inspiring.

Below, random drawings, some done in Annecy

And Again....
Wes
















PS: Steve Stamp, writer of Drawing Inspiration has just finished the pilot of a mocumentary called "People Just Do Nothing" Check the Link Here and spread the word. Congrats Steve!!!!

13 comments:

Chris Cormier said...

I love these drawings, and it's great to hear that we'll be seeing more posts from you. It's always exciting to see that there's a new Libra Bear post. :)
Hopefully I can follow your example...
Cheers, mate, keep it up!

Ken said...

Awesome stuff bro. Love your lines.

And the drawings are nice too HAHA!

:D

L Rossi said...

I remember you showing me your 'archives' of old work n.n It's really nice to see!
Even more so are the sketches below!
I'm liking this new found blogging enthusiasm!

Frankie Swan said...

iz that tim at the bottom?
so glad ur posting so much goodness lately. nice idea to post sum retro wesley stuff as well, shows your amazing progression. i agree with ken your lines are sweet.

libra bear said...

Chris: cheers Chris. There are probably better examples for you to follow. Lol

Ken: lol. Drawing is still a struggle for me kenny. Haha.

L Rossi: Cheers man. Like I said. Google reader is my new best friend. Just makes blogging 1000x easier. And posting old work gives me something to talk about at least :)

Frankie: Yes the guy at the bottom is Tim. Glad your enjoying the posts. I'll start from the beginning with my retro stuff. The oldest drawing I have.

Unknown said...

Love your sketches, they are so much fun!

messytimbo said...

thought if left a comment on this. Lovely to see your old work!

and who's love good looking chap in the bottom drawing ;)

Ken said...

Hey, just noticed your Mali Thai pic below - the pink building on the perth road. It's really cool!

Plus all the other stuff. Nice.

Anonymous said...

You're a pretty good artist :D

Stephanie Pavoine said...

coucou, wooo, love your past! haha, great sketches too!

Helene Leroux said...

heeey cool sketches : )) recognised tim right away ^^
i wanna see more ! i havent looked at blogs for a long time, its nice to see all these drawings..

AFG said...

i enjoyed reading your post thanks for sharing it, if your interested my blog is Here
i also gave you post a Tweet hope it helps get it seen
To your continued success

I Just Got A Pay Rise

rsgoldget said...

Eliminated the foriegn impact on military which came out when Commanders were utilizing EMP episodes.Preset the one-hit kill bug in which harm from a single topic occasionally ended up being applied multiple times.This may result in firefights wherever regular rifles occasionally treated one-shot eliminates, which isn't since designed.Fixed the memory leak that could bring about failures in particular points.Additional decreased the prospect of receiving a tainted conserve report inside the single gamer strategy.Set the sound decrease outs that can take place whenever playing on large road directions.Normal map afflicted ended up being Golmud Rail within Conquest using Sixty four people.

buy runescape 07 gold

cheap runescape 07 gold